Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/1 - Blacklisted, Verse, The Carrier

This show was at the Knitting Factory, in The Tap Bar. I decided to give driving another shot, I hadn't driven to the KF since I got a parking ticket in August for parking in a bus stop. I got a sweet spot around the corner and we got in around 7ish.

The first band was Probable Cause, I hadn't heard them before this show but had read somewhere that they were straight up NYHC or something. They started and immediatly dumb mosh started. The music wasn't anything that hadn't been done already. After the singer called whoever wasn't moshing "faggots" and kids starting moshing w/ intention to hurt people, we went outside.

Reclaim the Crowd played second, but I really don't like them, so I didn't bother going in to watch. However, big ups to them to being probably the only kids booking shows in Brooklyn right now.

Next were the Carrier, who just signed with Deathwish. They are awesome because they are heavy, with out being just all mosh parts. I enjoyed watching them play, but at times I found myself losing attention and focusing on other random things. Maybe it was because I still haven't fully recovered from United Blood. They played a new song off their upcoming 7", and it was really fucking good.

So, I just want to say that Verse rules. Simple as that, but for some reason everytime I see Verse I forget the fucking words. Anyway, they played great as always. I really liked the singers(Sean) speech about how bands have to push the limits of hardcore and make new music. Otherwise we will be just listening to the same thing over and over and it will get old, causing nobody to care. He used the new Blacklisted record as an example. This was the 3rd time seeing Verse play new songs, if the rest of the album is like that, fuck its going to rule so much. There was some kind of scuffle during their set, which i didnt notice until i saw Sean almost stop singing and staring into the crowd. I think it was between 2 girls, but it got broken up quick.

Headlining were BLACKLISTED, whose new record "Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God" came out today. They played a bunch of stuff off of it, and since I really haven't listened to it yet I didn't know them. But I can say I really liked what I heard. The did play Eye for and Eye though. George opened the song by talking about how the song wasn't about violence. And then, ironically, a fight broke out just before george screams "EYE FOR AN EYE". I don't know what it was about or who was involved, but Blacklisted stopped playing and everyone turned around to watch. It ended pretty fast, and Blacklisted continued the song from where they had left off. Guest vox by Greg of the Mongoloids in the song also, good shit. They closed with 2 songs off POEWOS, which is probably one of my favorite Blacklisted releases.

Overall it was a good show, worth the traffic-less drive into the city.

No comments: